How to apply for School Direct (Tuition Route) vacancies
Ealing Primary Teaching School Alliance offer the tuition route School Direct Programme and works in partnership with St Mary’s University. All applications must be made via UCAS. To view our list of vacancies and to apply, please search for “Castlebar School – code1RW” in UCAS Teacher Training.
School Direct (tuition fee) places
School Direct (tuition fee) is open to all high quality graduates. The trainee is deemed to be a student of higher education for the period of training. The course is funded by tuition fees paid by the trainee, either directly or with a student loan. Trainees may be eligible to receive training bursaries and scholarships.
The ITT providers will receive the tuition fee from the Student Loan Company and any training bursary funding from the NCTL (on behalf of the eligible trainee). Trainees on this route without a loan must pay tuition fees to St Mary’s; these are currently set at £9000 for 2016/17.
This route carries the award of Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE).
What Qualifications are needed?
- UK university degree or recognised equivalent of 2:2
- Five GCSE awards at grade C or above, including English, Mathematics and a Science subject.
- Show that you can communicate effectively in both spoken and written standard English.
- Demonstrate that you have recent, relevant experience in a KS1 or KS2 setting.
- If accepted, obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure and any other required clearances and complete DfE provisional registration requirements.
- Meet the requirements for physical and mental fitness to teach.
- Pass skills tests in numeracy and literacy before entry to the course.