How to apply for School Direct (Tuition Route) vacancies
Ealing Primary Teaching School Alliance offers the tuition route School Direct Programme and works in partnership with St Mary’s University. All applications must be made via the UCAS portal. To view our list of vacancies and apply, please search for “Ealing Primary Teaching School Alliance – code1RW” in UCAS Teacher Training.
School Direct (tuition route) is open to all high quality graduates. The course is funded by tuition fees paid by the trainee, either directly or with a student loan; these are currently set at £9250 for 2019/20.
This route carries the award of Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE).
What Qualifications are needed?
- UK university degree or recognised equivalent of 2:2
- Five GCSE awards at grade C or above, including English, Mathematics and a Science subject
- Show that you can communicate effectively in both spoken and written standard English
- Demonstrate your suitability to train to teach
- If accepted, obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure and any other required clearances and complete DfE provisional registration requirements
- Meet the requirements for physical and mental fitness to teach
- Pass skills tests in numeracy and literacy before entry to the course