Designed for: SENCos/Inclusion Managers, new to role/aspiring SENCos, Headteachers, Deputy Headteachers
This is an Ealing-based NASENCO programme delivered in partnership with Best Practice Network and starts in January 2020.
It will equip you to fulfill the duties outlined in the 2015 Code of Practice to develop your confidence and expertise in meeting the SENCo Learning Outcomes
SENCos must achieve the NASENCO qualification within three years of appointment (appointed after 2009)
Best Practice Network (BPN) is a provider of the National Award for Special Educational Needs Coordination. They are a long established provider supporting over 100 SENCos each year to gain this award.
This programme is also delivered in partnership with the School of Education’s CPD Department at Bath Spa University (BSU). It incorporates the Postgraduate Certificate in Inclusive Education from their Professional Master’s Programme, worth the first 60 credits towards a Master’s (MA) degree.
Partner code: EPTSA
DURATION OF STUDY AND OUTLINE OF PROGRAMME
Participants will have four school terms within which to submit their academic assignments and demonstrate that they meet the 49 specified learning outcomes.
To complete the programme participants will be expected to:
- Attend 6 face-to-face day sessions delivered by BPN and AfA specialists to engage in learning, share good practice and practice key skills
- Write two assignments that add up to 60 credits
- Complete an e-portfolio to ensure that documentary evidence is provided for any learning outcomes not covered elsewhere
- Invest time in personal study – reading, research and on-going reflection on practice will be required
- Liaise with their group and academic tutor (a personal tutor will also support them from start to finish)
To support successful completion we ask and encourage schools to provide appropriate release time in order to give participants the opportunity to:
Carry out some days of school based activities for research and development activity in school
Visits other work places, where appropriate
£1980 + VAT per person (£100 early bird offer for all NASENCO applicants who register before 31st July 2019) this offer will also be backdated for anyone who has already applied for a spring 2020 start
Session 1: 22nd January 2020
Session 2: 4th March 2020
Session 3: 29th April 2020
Session 4: 10th June 2020
Session 5: 23rd September 2020
Session 6: 25th November 2020
Philippa Quenby for further details including how to apply for the programme
T: 020 8998 3135