AUTISM EDUCATION TRUST TRAINING
Ealing Primary Teaching School Alliance is licensed to deliver Autism Education Trust Schools Programme training, a nationally recognised programme whose aim is to share knowledge and good practice to a wider community.
All of our programmes are suitable for practitioners working with school-age pupils (5-16 age group) on the autism spectrum in both mainstream and specialist settings to develop their practice
Good Autism Practice – Tier 2
Designed for: Senior Management, Teachers, Teaching Assistants
The good autism practice training has been designed to support all practitioners working directly with pupils on the autism spectrum to develop their practice.
The training will:
- Enable practitioners to develop their knowledge and understanding of good autism practice
- Provide guidelines and activities to support practitioners to reflect on and improve their own practice
The course provides guidelines and activities to support practitioners to reflect on and improve their own practice which can be used for professional development
This is a 6 hour training programme, delivered over two, three hour sessions.
Leading Good Autism Practice – Tier 3
This training is designed for staff who have a leadership role that includes responsibility for developing provision for pupils on the autism spectrum within a school setting.
This session will bring lead practitioners from a range of organisations together to discuss, share and develop practice and understanding. It is suitable for practitioners working with school-age pupils on the autism spectrum in both mainstream and specialist services.
The training will:
- Enhance delegate’s knowledge and understanding of good autism practice
- Help delegates to question, evaluate and develop autism practice within their setting
- Provide delegates with the tools to audit staff skills and identify training needs
- Develop skills and knowledge so that delegates can support their organisation to meet/exceed the requirements of external reviewers such as Ofsted and be compliant with legislative requirements
Introduction to the Autism Progression Framework
This training provides an overview of the autism progression framework which is available free from the AET website.
This half-day session is suitable for practitioners working with school-age pupils on the autism spectrum in both mainstream and specialist services. It could also be delivered as an extended twilight session.
Participants will develop:
- Understanding of how the progression framework relates to the broader educational context
- Familiarity with the content and key features of the progression framework
- Skills in identifying learning goals and measuring progress for pupils on the autism spectrum in areas specific to their individual needs
Reservations and costs for all programme can be made through Ealing CPD or by the links in our calendar.